Follow by Email:
FORUM | FIGHTS

MICHELLE WATERSON vs PAIGE VANZANT

UFC on FOX 22: PAIGE VANZANT vs MICHELLE WATERSON fight video

DWTS runner-up versus the Karate Hottie? Am I watching UFC or Cinemax right now, right? Right? And of course, VanZant and Waterson are both super-legit fighters, looking to solidify themselves as a top-10 in the division – everyone saw how tough VanZant is, in her recent fifth round loss to Namajunas. So, I think the winner here gets to dethrone Luke Rockhold as the best looking UFC contender.

VanZant and Waterson are both strikers first and foremost, while VanZant probably gets the wrestling edge, and Waterson with the better general ground game. As Strikers, both show top level movement for MMA. But I see VanZant moving mostly aggressively forward and at times she’s very susceptible to hard counters and then retreats and gets lost while conducting a withdrawal; Waterson’s movement is more fluid laterally and in and out, she’ll leave opponent fighting air and constantly having to recalibrate. I see Waterson using counters and overcoming an apparent size and reach disadvantage to win the the stand-up part, the question is what happens then.